Current Movie: Blade Runner – Sept 21
About This MovieToggle
Online ticket sales close at 1:00PM on the day of the show, but you can still purchase tickets at the Colonial Theater box office.
What if Han Solo were a detective instead of a smuggler? You might have something Deckard in Blade Runner (Final Cut).
Don’t look for C3PO or Chewy in this Ridley Scott sci-fi classic (an AFI Top 100 film). There are too many Replicants to “retire” in 2019 Los Angeles (spoiler alert: Los Angeles REALLY goes downhill over the next couple years!).
Sound a little strange? Good! That’s what truly brilliant sci-fi is for. Here, read this, watch the trailer, and grab a pair of tickets for a mid-September mind bender at IF’s historic Colonial Theater:
In a cyberpunk vision of the future, man has developed the technology to create replicants, human clones used to serve in the colonies outside Earth but with fixed lifespans. In Los Angeles, 2019, Deckard is a Blade Runner, a cop who specializes in terminating replicants. Originally in retirement, he is forced to re-enter the force when four replicants escape from an off-world colony to Earth. -from IMDB
New to Colonial Classic Movies?
Here’s the skinny: The Colonial will show Blade Runner on September 21, but only if enough folks come to the screening. Here’s how it works:
- Go through checkout – It’s just like you’re buying a tickets, only we won’t collect your payment or issue your tickets until the movie hits its tipping point of 50 tickets.
- Spread the word! – Once we get 50 folks to come, the show is on! But it has to tip by September 15. If it doesn’t tip, you’re not out anything. We won’t collect your payments, and the movie won’t show. It’s up to YOU to make it happen!
- Head to the Colonial – We’ll email you when your tickets are ready. Just print out your ticket or show it on your smart phone at the door.
- Vote! – What shows next is up to you. Head to the Vote page to choose what shows at the Colonial’s next CCM screening. Don’t see a movie you like? Tell us what your favorite movies are on the Suggest page and we’ll put them up for a future vote.
Venue: Colonial TheaterToggle
- See the original before the sequel comes out in October
- REAL science fiction
- Super-creepy Rutger Hauer
- A dreamy, young Harrison Ford