Current Movie: The Rocky Horror Picture Show – Oct. 26
About This MovieToggle
The sweetest transvestite of them all is coming to the Colonial Theater! Don’t miss The Rocky Horror Picture Show, screening for one night only on October 26 at 7:30PM.
This one has been a long time coming, being the second most requested movie on our list. Fellas, it’s time to don the fishnet and lipstick; we’re doing the Time Warp (again) with Tim Curry and crew!
Ok, let’s lay a few ground rules. Throwing stuff is ok, but we’ve got to keep it limited to dry items. So bring the toilet paper, the toast, the newspapers, the rice, the confetti, etc. But leave wet items at home, including hot dogs, prunes, and water guns. And also no candles (it is a crowded theater, after all. Just use your cell phone light).
Never seen RHPS? Hmmm…how to explain it to a virgin. This may get you started:
After Janet accepts Brad’s marriage proposal, the happy couple drive away from Denton, Ohio, only to get lost in the rain. They stumble upon the castle of Dr. Frank-N-Furter, a transvestite who is holding the annual convention of visitors from the planet Transsexual. Frank-N-Furter unveils his creation, a young man named Rocky Horror, who fears the doctor and rejects his sexual advances. When Frank-N-Furter announces that he is returning to the galaxy Transylvania, Riff Raff the butler and Magenta the maid declare that they have plans of their own. (An audience participation film). –From IMDB
New to Colonial Classic Movies?
Here’s the skinny: The Colonial will show The Rocky Horror Picture Show on October 26, but only if enough folks come to the screening. Here’s how it works:
- Go through checkout – It’s just like you’re buying a tickets, only we won’t collect your payment or issue your tickets until the movie hits its tipping point of 50 tickets.
- Spread the word! – Once we get 50 folks to come, the show is on! But it has to tip by October 20. If it doesn’t tip, you’re not out anything. We won’t collect your payments, and the movie won’t show. It’s up to YOU to make it happen!
- Head to the Colonial – We’ll email you when your tickets are ready. Just print out your ticket or show it on your smart phone at the door.
- Vote! – What shows next is up to you. Head to the Vote page to choose what shows at the Colonial’s next CCM screening. Don’t see a movie you like? Tell us what your favorite movies are on the Suggest page and we’ll put them up for a future vote.
Venue: Colonial TheaterToggle
- The single best people watching in town!
- Audience participation at its finest
- Transvestites from Transsexual, Transylvania