Current Movie: Dirty Dancing – Feb. 13
About This MovieToggle
Online ticket sales close at 1:00PM on the day of the show, but you can still purchase tickets at the Colonial Theater box office.
It’s gettin’ steamy in here, folks. For Valentine’s Day, your votes picked the 1987 foot-tapper, Dirty Dancing, showing February 13, 2020 at 7:30PM at the Colonial!
That’s right, Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey first danced their socks (etc.) off 33 years ago! They danced on a dance floor; they dance in a studio; they dance on a log; they dance in a field; they dance on the lawn; they dance going up and down stairs; they dance on a bridge; they dance in a lake, for the love of Mike! How much more dancing can they do?!
Been awhile? Here’s a recap:
Spending the summer at a Catskills resort with her family, Frances “Baby” Houseman falls in love with the camp’s dance instructor, Johnny Castle. –IMDB
And then they dance a lot. –CCM
New to Colonial Classic Movies?
Here’s the skinny: The Colonial will show Dirty Dancing on February 13, 2020, but only if enough folks come to the screening. Here’s how it works:
- Go through checkout – It’s just like you’re buying a tickets, only we won’t collect your payment or issue your tickets until the movie hits its tipping point of 50 tickets.
- Spread the word! – Once we get 50 folks to come, the show is on! But it has to tip by February 6. If it doesn’t tip, you’re not out anything. We won’t collect your payments, and the movie won’t show. It’s up to YOU to make it happen!
- Head to the Colonial – We’ll email you when your tickets are ready. Just print out your ticket or show it on your smart phone at the door.
- Vote! – What shows next is up to you. Head to the Vote page to choose what shows at the Colonial’s next CCM screening. Don’t see a movie you like? Tell us what your favorite movies are on the Suggest page and we’ll put them up for a future vote.
Venue: Colonial TheaterToggle
- Beer, wine!
- Patrick "Dalton" Swayze!
- Jennifer "Jeanie Bueller" Grey!
- The greatest oldies soundtrack ever amassed!
- Did we mention there's a lot of dancing?