Current Movie: Ferris Bueller’s Day Off – Sept. 12
About This MovieToggle
Well nuts! Ferris Bueller didn’t reach the tipping point in time. Unfortunately, it won’t be showing. We’ll get ’em next time!
Life moves pretty fast; if you don’t stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it. So slow down for an evening with the crowned prince of high school leisure, Ferris Bueller (they think he’s a righteous dude), at the Colonial on Thursday, September 12, 2019 at 7:30PM.
School’s back in session, and we could all use a refresher course in cutting class.
Step 1: fake an illness
Step 2: falsify your girlfriend’s grandmother’s death
Step 3: “borrow” your friend’s dad’s Ferrari
Step 4: dine at a 5-star restaurant
Step 5: crash a parade
I don’t know about you, but that’s EXACTLY how I used to cut class in my day. Kids today, I tell you.
New to Colonial Classic Movies?
Here’s the skinny: The Colonial will show Ferris’ Bueller’s Day Off on September 12, but only if enough folks come to the screening. Here’s how it works:
- Go through checkout – it’s just like you’re buying a tickets, only we won’t collect your payment or issue your tickets until the movie hits its tipping point of 50 tickets.
- Spread the word! – Once we get 50 folks to come, the show is on! But it has to tip by September 5. If it doesn’t tip, you’re not out anything. We won’t collect your payments, and the movie won’t show. It’s up to YOU to make it happen!
- Head to the Colonial – We’ll email you when your tickets are ready. Just print out your ticket or show it on your smart phone at the door.
- Vote! – What shows next is up to you. Head to the Vote page to choose what shows at the Colonial’s next CCM screening. Don’t see a movie you like? Tell us what your favorite movies are on the Suggest page. The Colonial is yours!
Venue: Colonial TheaterToggle
- Beer & wine (all ages welcome)
- Edward R. Rooney, Dean of Students
- The 1961 Ferrari, 250 GT California (less than a hundred were made)