Current Movie: The Breakfast Club – Nov. 15
About This MovieToggle
Dear Mr. Vernon,
We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it is we did wrong, but we think you’re crazy for thinking that we’d miss The Breakfast Club showing at the Colonial on Thursday, November 15, 2018 at 7:30PM.
You see us as you want to see us, in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But we enjoy watching classic John Hughes 80’s movies with a bunch of other brains, and athletes, and basket cases, princesses, and criminals.
Does that answer your question?
The Breakfast Club
Trapped in a day-long Saturday detention in a prison-like school library are Claire, the princess (Molly Ringwald); Andrew, the jock (Emilio Estevez); John, the criminal (Judd Nelson); Brian, the brain (Anthony Michael Hall); and Allison, the basket case (Ally Sheedy). These five strangers begin the day with nothing in common, each bound to his/her place in the high school caste system. Yet the students bond together when faced with the villainous principal (Paul Gleason), and they realize that they have more in common than they may think, including a contempt for adult society. “When you grow up, your heart dies,” Allison proclaims in one of the film’s many scenes of soul-searching, and, judging from the adults depicted in the film, the teen audience may very well agree. -from Fandango.com
New to Colonial Classic Movies?
Here’s the skinny: The Colonial will show The Breakfast on November 15, 2018, but only if enough folks come to the screening. Here’s how it works:
- Go through checkout – It’s just like you’re buying a tickets, only we won’t collect your payment or issue your tickets until the movie hits its tipping point of 50 tickets.
- Spread the word! – Once we get 50 folks to come, the show is on! But it has to tip by November 8 If it doesn’t tip, you’re not out anything. We won’t collect your payments, and the movie won’t show. It’s up to YOU to make it happen!
- Head to the Colonial – We’ll email you when your tickets are ready. Just print out your ticket or show it on your smart phone at the door.
- Vote! – What shows next is up to you. Head to the Vote page to choose what shows at the Colonial’s next CCM screening. Don’t see a movie you like? Tell us what your favorite movies are on the Suggest page and we’ll put them up for a future vote.
Venue: Colonial TheaterToggle
- Totally rad 80s soundtrack
- Don't mess with the bull, young man; you'll get the horns.