Current Movie: The Rocky Horror Picture Show – Oct. 24
About This MovieToggle
Online ticket sales close at 1:00PM on the day of the show, but you can still purchase tickets at the Colonial Theater box office.
The sweetest transvestite of them all is coming to the Colonial Theater! Don’t miss The Rocky Horror Picture Show, screening for one night only on Thursday, October 24, 2019 at 7:30PM.
Fellas, it’s time to don the fishnet and lipstick; we’re doing the Time Warp (again) with Tim Curry and crew!
Rocky Horror so completely dominated the October vote in past years that we just put it straight up and voted on another Halloween show in addition to it. Hence, Hocus Pocus on October 10.
If you’ve come to past show Rocky Horror shows, you know what’s coming…and you won’t want to miss out!
If you’re new to RHPS, there’s no better way to see it for the first time! Even if the movie isn’t your cup of tea, the people watching can’t be beat.
Ok, let’s lay a few ground rules. Throwing stuff is ok, but we’ve got to keep it limited to dry items. So bring the toilet paper, the toast, the newspapers, the rubber gloves, the rice, the confetti (NOT glitter!), etc. But leave wet items at home, including hot dogs, prunes, and water guns. And also no candles (it is a crowded theater, after all. Just use your cell phone light).
Fair warning! This isn’t your normal movie screening where folks sit quietly and watch a show. There will be a LOT of call and response, throwing things, and dancing around. Don’t say no one warned you!
Never seen RHPS? Hmmm…how to explain it to a virgin. This may get you started:
After Janet accepts Brad’s marriage proposal, the happy couple drive away from Denton, Ohio, only to get lost in the rain. They stumble upon the castle of Dr. Frank-N-Furter, a transvestite who is holding the annual convention of visitors from the planet Transsexual. Frank-N-Furter unveils his creation, a young man named Rocky Horror, who fears the doctor and rejects his sexual advances. When Frank-N-Furter announces that he is returning to the galaxy Transylvania, Riff Raff the butler and Magenta the maid declare that they have plans of their own. (An audience participation film). –From IMDB
New to Colonial Classic Movies?
Here’s the skinny: The Colonial will show The Rocky Horror Picture Show on October 24, but only if enough folks come to the screening. Here’s how it works:
- Go through checkout – It’s just like you’re buying a tickets, only we won’t collect your payment or issue your tickets until the movie hits its tipping point of 50 tickets.
- Spread the word! – Once we get 50 folks to come, the show is on! But it has to tip by October 17. If it doesn’t tip, you’re not out anything. We won’t collect your payments, and the movie won’t show. It’s up to YOU to make it happen!
- Head to the Colonial – We’ll email you when your tickets are ready. Just print out your ticket or show it on your smart phone at the door.
- Vote! – What shows next is up to you. Head to the Vote page to choose what shows at the Colonial’s next CCM screening. Don’t see a movie you like? Tell us what your favorite movies are on the Suggest page and we’ll put them up for a future vote.
Venue: Colonial TheaterToggle
- The single best people watching in town!
- Audience participation at its finest
- Transvestites from Transsexual, Transylvania